Grilled Chicken with Pinot Noir SauceUser Submitted Recipe
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
8 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
2 cups pinot noir
1 1/2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
3/4 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
1. Mix thyme, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, rosemary and olive oil together. Rub into chicken breasts and set aside.
2. Preheat Cuisinart Griddler or prepare grill.
3. Grill chicken breasts for 5-10 minutes, depending upon thickness, or until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken registers 160°. Remove from griddler or grill. Cover and let
stand 10 minutes.
4. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots to saucepan; sauté 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes or until wine is reduced to 1 cup. Add broth; cook 16 minutes or until broth mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and sugar. Gradually add butter, stirring constantly with a whisk until smooth.
5. Slice chicken breasts against the grain on the diagonal and drizzle with sauce.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!