Salmon Gravlax Gyros with Tzatziki SauceUser Submitted Recipe
16 oz plain yogurt
2-3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1.5 Tbsp lemon juice
1 oz-fl vodka, more if desired
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 side of salmon(approx. 2-3 lbs), cured with herbs and spices (salt, sugar, dill, crushed black pepper corns, coriander, juniper berries and lemon zest.)
-Lettuce - Iceberg, Romaine or Bibb will do
1. Combine tzatziki sauce ingredients and let sit for 1 hour to let the flavors combine and develop.
2. Prep tomatoes and lettuce; shred the lettuce, slice tomatoes and cut into half slices.
3. Slice salmon into 1/4 inch slices at a 45° angle.
4. Cut pitas open layer inside with lettuce, tomato and salmon pieces. While propped open drizzle tzatziki sauce over all ingredients.
5. Serve the remaining sauce on the side and enjoy.
Servingsno serving information available
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!