Gluten-Free Red Curry Vegetables and ChickenUser Submitted Recipe
14 oz Coconut Milk Lite
2 tbsp Red Curry Paste (gluten-free)
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 lb Chicken Breast
1 cup Vegetables, Assorted Fresh
1/4 cup Basil, Fresh
2 tbsp Fish Sauce
1. Bring coconut milk to simmer in a large skillet on medium heat. Stir in curry paste and sugar until well blended; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
2. Stir in chopped chicken and vegetables. Cook until chicken is heated through and vegetables are tender-crisp. (If using shrimp, cook for 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turns pink and vegetables are tender-crisp.) Stir in basil and fish sauce, as desired. Serve hot.
Each serving contains 280 calories, 8g fat, 4g sat fat, 12g carbohydrates, 95mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 2g fiber, 36g protein.
TIP For spicier curry, add additional red curry paste, to taste. Want even more zing? Place 2 pieces each lemon grass, lime leaves, galangal and bird eye chilies with the curry paste. Simmer 30 minutes. Remove all pieces with slotted spoon before adding chicken (or shrimp or Marinated Tofu) and vegetables.
For a vegan dish, substitute this tofu for chicken (or shrimp) in the recipe above. Serve on Red Curry Vegetables or as a side.
3 tablespoons gluten-free tamari sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 pound firm tofu
Gluten-free flour or flour blend, for coating
2-3 tablespoons coconut oil, for frying
1. To make marinade, mix together tamari sauce, lemon juice, ginger and brown sugar.
2. Cut tofu into ½-inch cubes. Place in marinade and marinate for 1 hour.
3. Prepare Curried Vegetables according to the recipe above, leaving out chicken or shrimp.
4. Sprinkle gluten-free flour on a plate and dip each tofu cube into the flour. Cover all sides.
5. In a large skillet, in batches if necessary, fry coated tofu cubes until brown.
268 calories per serving