Tofu Loaf with Mushroom GravyUser Submitted Recipe
Tofu Loaf by Heavenly Frostings
• 4 tofu loaves, mushed/ground
• 1/2 cup celery or parsley, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup scallions or green pepper, finely chopped
• 1 cup instant oatmeal
• 1/2 cup chopped onions
• 5 cloves of garlic
• 1 large egg, beaten
• salt and pepper to taste
Turn oven on to 325 degrees. (Small convection oven will work too)
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix the ingredients well. Only mix until all ingredients are well incorporated or your meatloaf may become too dense.
Grease a bread pan or baking sheet and line with foil and spoon the tofu mixture onto the foil. Shape into a loaf.
Bake for approximately 1 and 1/2 hours or until a wooden spoon inserted comes out clean. (Longer baking will obviously have a toasted outer crust, which I prefer specially if topping it with mushroom gravy.)
Serve the tofu loaf topped with your favorite condiment or just as it is. Or try it with our vegetarian mushroom gravy. You can make it while the tofu loaf is cooking.
Mushroom Gravy for Tofu loaf recipe
• 1 and 1/2 cups canned vegetable gravy (or your own recipe)
• 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
• 1/4 pound baby mushrooms finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice plus salt and pepper
In a frying pan, cook the scallions and mushrooms in the olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the lemon juice and gravy. Bring to a boil while stirring and serve while hot.