Recipe Categories Appetizers Beverages Breads Breakfast Desserts Entrees For Baby Holiday Recipes Newlyweds Pasta Sauces and Dressings Sides Soups Spice Mixes Special Features KitchenSync App Recipe Swap Get Cooking! Recipe Contest Entries Submit your Recipe Finalists & Winners My Pantry Recipe Widget How-To and Recipe Videos Recipe Podcast Recipe Photo Contest! Entries Contest Winners
Home > Recipes > Entrees > Cuisinart Original > Sweet Glazed Salmon with Roasted Peppers and Turmeric Rice
Sweet Glazed Salmon with Roasted Peppers and Turmeric RiceCuisinart Original Recipe
“ A sweet, ginger-flavored glaze complements this dish of salmon, yellow rice and roasted peppers. (Recipe by Michelle Arrambide, a 2003 Cuisinart Scholarship recipient.)"
4 6-ounce salmon filets
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- To taste salt and pepper
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 whole red bell peppers
- 2 whole green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- To taste salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a bowl large enough to hold all of the filets, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Place the salmon in the mixture and coat the pieces of fish thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- In a small pot, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Add the minced onion and garlic and sauté until the garlic is light golden brown. Add the turmeric, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add the rice and stir to coat the rice with the onion. Lightly brown the rice.
- Pour the cold water over the rice and cover.
- Over high heat, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. (Total cooking time for the rice: about 20 minutes.)
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the stems, seeds and pith.
- Cut the peppers into thin strips.
- Drizzle over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the fish filets from the marinade. Make sure to reserve the marinade for later use.
- In a sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Heat.
- Place the fish filets, two at a time, in a pan with the side that the filet will be served showing, face down.
- Sear to light golden. Do this on all sides of each filet.
- Place the seared fish in a baking dish. Top with the chopped and seasoned peppers. Roast in the oven for about 2 minutes. The peppers should still be crunchy. (The internal temperature for the salmon should be about 145 degrees.)
- In a saucepan, heat the marinade.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Whisk in soy sauce and the optional chili.
- Let boil, then reduce the heat to simmer until a thin syrup consistency is achieved. Strain. Add warm water if needed.
- Serve the salmon topped with red and green peppers over the yellow rice.
- Drizzle over with the dark glaze.
ServingsYields 4 portions
780 calories (53% from fat) • carb. 51g • pro. 39g • fat 46g • sat. fat 8g • chol. 112mg • sod. 1160mg • calc. 73mg • fiber 4g
Close E-mail this page