White Pizza with Prosciutto, Arugula and TomatoesCuisinart Original Recipe
Makes one 12-inch pizza (8 servings)
Give white pizza a chance. You will not be disappointed."
nonstick cooking spray
1/3 to 1/2 pound pizza dough
½ tablespoon olive oil
1 cup ricotta, strained
¹∕³ cup grated Parmesan
pinch kosher or sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 ounce (about 4 slices) prosciutto, quartered
1 cup packed arugula
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
1. Preheat the toaster oven to 400°F on the Bake setting with the rack in position A.
2. Lightly coat the provided baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Roll out dough into a 10 x 9-inch rectangle.* Fit into the prepared pan. Brush the outer edge of the dough with olive oil. Bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes, or until dough is lightly golden.
4. While dough is par-baking, put the ricotta, Parmesan, salt and pepper into a medium mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Reserve.
5. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the par-baked pizza dough. Top the ricotta with the prosciutto, then arugula and tomatoes.
6. Bake pizza in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the dough is nicely browned and the cheese is bubbling on top.
7. Let pizza rest for a few minutes, then slice and serve.
*If the Toaster Oven is large enough to fit a 12-inch pizza, instead of baking on the provided baking tray you can roll out dough to a 12-inch circle and fit onto a pizza mesh (available in most home or kitchen stores). Be sure to generously coat the mesh with oil or nonstick cooking spray before fitting with dough.
ServingsMakes about six servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 219 (41% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 11g • fat 10g
sat. fat 5g • chol. 28mg • sod. 451mg • calc. 156mg • fiber 3g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!