Pot Roast with Brown Sugar, Raisins and Red Wine VinegarUser Submitted Recipe
Hometown good - easy & delicious
2 carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/4 inch
2 stalks of celery, peeled & sliced
2 yellow onions, quartered
1 bottle of dry red wine
2-3 cups beef stock
short ribs (about 9oz square cut, bone out), brisket, or roast
3 small bottles red wine vinegar
2 cups brown sugar
1-2 cups golden raisins
1. Sear meat in large sauce pan/dutch oven for color.
2. Add vegetables and wine.
3. Cover with stock.
4. Cook in 400 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
1. Mix red wine vinegar and brown sugar in small/medium
2. Bring to a boil (make sure your kitchen is well ventilated)
3. Boil it down to cough syrup consistency
4. Add raisins and let cool
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!