Pot Roast with Brown Sugar, Raisins and Red Wine VinegarUser Submitted Recipe
Hometown good - easy & delicious
2 carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/4 inch
2 stalks of celery, peeled & sliced
2 yellow onions, quartered
1 bottle of dry red wine
2-3 cups beef stock
short ribs (about 9oz square cut, bone out), brisket, or roast
3 small bottles red wine vinegar
2 cups brown sugar
1-2 cups golden raisins
1. Sear meat in large sauce pan/dutch oven for color.
2. Add vegetables and wine.
3. Cover with stock.
4. Cook in 400 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
1. Mix red wine vinegar and brown sugar in small/medium
2. Bring to a boil (make sure your kitchen is well ventilated)
3. Boil it down to cough syrup consistency
4. Add raisins and let cool