Pork Chops with Onions and SageCuisinart Original Recipe
6 boneless pork chops, thick-cut
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
2 small onions, halved and sliced
5 garlic cloves, crushed
2½ to 3 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
1½ teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
¹∕³ cup dry white wine
¾ cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet to 350°F.
2. Season pork chops well on both sides with salt and pepper. Place one teaspoon of oil into Skillet and sear pork chops 8 to 10 minutes per side until golden. Remove and reserve.
3. Add remaining teaspoon of olive oil and sauté onions until golden and soft, about 6 minutes. Add garlic cloves and chopped herbs and sauté until fragrant, another 2 to 3 minutes. Add white wine and simmer to reduce by half, about 1 minute.
4. Add the broth and bring to a simmer and reduce also by half, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the pork chops and simmer for 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145˚F.
5. Turn Skillet to 325°F and whisk in Dijon once simmering subsides.
6. Serve immediately.
Servingsno serving information available
Calories 255 (55% from fat) • carb. 4g • pro. 23g • fat 16g • sat. fat 5g • chol. 75mg • sod. 378mg • calc. 48mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!