Lemon Chicken with Rosemary - Electric SkilletCuisinart Original Recipe
This dish is definitely for the lemon lovers out there.
4 pounds bone-in, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess visible fat
1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
3 large onions, halved and sliced
6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
½ cup fresh lemon juice
¾ cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 lemon, thinly sliced
chopped rosemary for garnish
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet to 400°F.
2. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with 1 teaspoon of salt and all of the pepper. Dredge the chicken thighs in flour to coat lightly. Once Skillet is heated, add the olive oil. Place chicken in hot Skillet. Brown on both sides, about 5 to 7 minutes, per side. It is important not to move the chicken when it is first placed in pan; chicken will release from Skillet once it is browned. Reserve.
3. Reduce heat to 350°F. Sauté onions and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Stir in the rosemary sprigs and remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt. Add the lemon juice to the Skillet, scraping up any brown bits that remain on the cooking surface with a wooden spoon. Let juice come to a boil and reduce by half. Add the chicken broth and lemon zest and let come to a boil.
4. Nestle the browned chicken thighs in the onion mixture. Place lemon slices on top of the chicken. Reduce heat again to 300°F. Cover and cook until thighs are cooked through, about 45 to 50 minutes.
5. Garnish with rosemary; serve in shallow bowls with rice or mashed potatoes.
ServingsMakes 8 servings
Calories 342 (26% from fat) • carb. 16g • pro. 47g • fat 10g • sat. fat 2g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet