Pork Tenderloin with Mandarin Orange Cream SauceUser Submitted Recipe
2 pork tenderloins
2-3 T. olive oil
1 15 oz. can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained with liquid reserved
¼ cup shallots, finely chopped
½ cup chicken stock
1 cup orange juice
1 cup heavy cream
1 splash white wine or broth
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Heat olive oil in large cast iron skillet.
3. Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper.
4. Brown pork in skillet, then put in oven until medium rare (about 15 minutes). Remove to a platter and cover with foil.
5. Drain excess oil from skillet. Add shallots and cook over medium heat until starting to soften.
6. Add wine or broth and deglaze skillet.
7. Add ½ cup chicken broth, ½ cup reserved orange liquid, and 1 cup orange juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half.
8. Add cream or half & half and continue cooking, stirring often, until reduced by half and starting to thicken. (If using half & half, add arrowroot/half & half combination at end to thicken.)
9. Return pork to skillet to reheat with sauce. Add oranges and cook until just warmed through. Adjust seasonings.
10. Remove pork to platter and spoon sauce over top.