Crispy Coconut Salmon on a bed of spinach and white beansUser Submitted Recipe
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon garlic paste
3 lbs boneless salmon steaks
Sea Salt to taste
Cooking Spray as needed
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 small red onion, very finely chopped
1 tomato, cut into a dice
3 cups organic baby spinach leaves
1 cup cooked small white beans
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon finely chopped green chillies (such as serranos)
1. Mix the coconut oil with the black pepper, grated ginger and garlic paste.
2. Rub this mixture evenly on the salmon steaks. Shake the sea-salt as needed.
3. Spray a baking dish with the cooking spray and place the salmon on the tray.
4. Broil the salmon on low for about 9-12 minutes. The fish should be well browned and not dried. I do not need to turn the steaks, this usually cooks them through and results in a nice crisp crust.
5. Heat the butter and add the cumin seeds, when they begin to sizzle add the onion and tomato and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
6. Mix in the spinach leaves and beans. Cook till the spinach is wilted. Stir in the lemon juice and salt.
7. To serve, place some spinach on a plate, place a piece of crisp salmon over the greens garnish with the chilies and serve.