Stuffed CabbageUser Submitted Recipe
• 1/2 pound each of ground Lamb, Pork, Ground Beef
• 1/8 cup olive oil
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
• 1 teaspoon coarse salt
• 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• !/2 cup cooked Jasmine Rice
• 1 Head of Cabbage
• 2 28oz cans of whole plum tomatoes
Remove the core of a medium sized head of cabbage. Turn upside down on a steamer set in a small amount of water until layers can be separated without tearing. Outer layers steam first and can be removed as they become soft. Lay on a baking rack to cool.
In a large skillet sauté the onions in the olive oil until translucent. Add the garlic and spices and continue to sauté until fragrant. Add the Lamb, Pork and Beef and stir until they have lost their red raw color. Turn off the heat and mix in the rice.
Spoon approximately 3 tablespoons of the meat mixture into the center of a cabbage leaf. Fold the sides to the center and then roll. The roll will be approximately 3 inches long and 1 inch wide, resembling a small burrito. Place in bottom of your Cuisinart Slow Cooker. Continue until you’ve used all of the meat mixture.
Cover the rolls with the tomatoes and cook on Medium for about 6 hours.
Serve hot with crusty bread, a good salad and extra parmesan for sprinkling on top.
Can be left on warm until ready to serve. Keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days.