Grouper PrimaveraUser Submitted Recipe
1 grouper filet
1 yellow pepper, seeded
1 onion, skin removed
1 clove garlic
1 inch piece, fresh ginger root, peeled
1 stalk celery
1 jalapeno pepper
½ pound Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves, rinsed, dried, removed from stems
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
flavored bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon Tawny Port
1 Tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Remove stem from jalapeno pepper. Include seeds if you prefer a very spicy dish (remove seeds for a milder version.)
3. In a Cuisinart food processor, finely mince garlic, peeled ginger and jalapeno pepper.
4. Thinly slice onion, yellow pepper and celery.
5. Combine with minced garlic, ginger and jalapeno pepper.
6. In a non-stick skillet warm 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and saute the vegetable mixture (without the mushrooms,) until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
7. Add mushrooms to sauteed vegetables.
8. Turning heat to medium high, toss vegetables and cook until mushrooms are just cooked through, and all liquid is evaporated.
9. Season with Teriyaki Sauce, oregano and Tawny Port.
10. Meanwhile, add 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to a Pyrex loaf pan, coating the bottom and sides of the pan.
11. Lightly coat the grouper filet in extra virgin olive oil and roll it in seasoned bread crumbs.
12. Shake off excess crumbs and place filet in the bottom of the loaf pan. If necessary, allow excess width and length to extend up sides of pan.
13. Gently cover the filet with the vegetable mixture.
14. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!