Avocado Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi MahiUser Submitted Recipe
• 4 7oz. Fillets of mahi-mahi
• 2t kosher salt
• 2t grounded fresh black pepper
• 3T vegetable oil
• 5T guacamole
• 3T grounded macadamia nuts
Mahi Mahi: Sear 7 oz. Mahi Mahi fillets; 2tsp Kosher salt; 2tsp black pepper, fresh ground; 3Tbs oil, vegetable; 5Tbs Guacamole; 3Tbs Macadamia nuts, finely chopped
1. First season the Mahi Mahi with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over a medium high heat, add the vegetable oil and heat until light haze appears.
3. Add the Mahi Mahi to the pan with the flesh side down, cooking two to three minutes.
4. Turn the fish carefully and continue to cook for two minutes.
5. Spread one tablespoon of Guacamole over each piece of fish, then sprinkle with the macadamia nuts.
6. Transfer the fish to a broiler to toast the macadamia nuts.
7. Finish the dish with five ounces of the yucca mash, 1/4 cup of the citrus slaw, two ounces of the roasted yellow tomato coulis.
3ea avocado, haas, ripe; lea tomato, med. Size, seeded & diced 1/aea red onion, minced; 1oz red vinegar; 2oz lime juice; 1t jalapeno, seeded & minced; 1tsp kosher salt; ½ t blk pepper, finely ground
1. Peel & remove the seed from ea avocado, & smash with a fork
2. Add the lime juice to prevent the mix from browning
3. Combine the remaining ingredients and refrigerate until needed
Change gloves often — put trash in bowl
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!