Aromatic Baby Back RibsUser Submitted Recipe
These are delectable and unusual. Easy to prepare and with a different slant on ribs. These have the wonderful aroma redolent of an oriental origin "
6 racks of Baby Back Ribs, about one small rack per person
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
5 Teaspoons Onion Powder
½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
5 Teaspoons Chinese Five Spices Seasonings*
3 Teaspoons Ground Cloves
2 Teaspoons Sugar
* Chinese Five spice seasonings are available on most supermarket shelves (they consist of cinnamon, fennel, licorice root, anise, ginger, chili pepper, allspice and cloves all blended together.
4 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce or Tamari
1 Barbecue Sauce of choice for dipping
In a large roasting pan or disposable foil pans doubled prepare ribs and bake them in the same container.
1. Pierce the ribs with a fork or sharp instrument in order for seasonings to penetrate
2. Mix the dry spices together and rub liberally over the pierced racks of ribs.
3. Rub the liquid seasonings in well.
4. Cover with foil
5. If possible, place in the refrigerator for 3 hours to overnight to marinate, turning occasionally otherwise, just season and leave seasonings on for a while before baking.
Bake open in a very slow oven (300º to 325º) for 1 ½ to 2 hours, or grill slowly on a very low flame on outdoor grill for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
To serve, cut into two rib sections.
Serve with a great homemade or bottled barbecue sauce for dipping