Goat Cheese Stuffed Pomegranate Chicken with Balsamic ReductionUser Submitted Recipe
FOR THE CHICKEN:
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 ounces, weight Goat Cheese
Salt, Pepper And Garlic Powder, To Taste
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
FOR THE BALSAMIC REDUCTION:
¼ cups Shallots, Minced (for 1/4 Cup You'll Need About 4 Small Shallots)
⅔ cups Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Pomegranate Juice
¼ cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
¼ cups Plus 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 pinch Salt
½ cups Pomegranate Arils
¼ cups Fresh Basil, Diced
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F and spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Cut a pocket into the center of the thick part of each chicken breast, making sure to not cut all the way through the breast.
3. Stuff each pocket with 1/4 of the goat cheese and sprinkle each breast with a pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4. In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium/high heat then add the chicken.
5. Cook the chicken breasts until lightly golden brown on each side (about 1-2 minutes per side.) Use tongs to flip the chicken as it helps to keep all that cheese inside. However, some cheese may ooze out as it begins to warm up.
6. Once browned, transfer the chicken to the prepared baking dish and set aside.
7. Turn the heat down to medium and add the shallots right into the same pan the chicken was in.
8. Cook the shallots until soft (about 2-3 minutes).
9. Add the balsamic vinegar, pomegranate juice, chicken broth, brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce just begins to reduce and thicken (about 4-5 minutes).
10. Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken breasts and bake until they are cooked through (15-20 minutes).
11. Serve each chicken breast drizzled with some of the leftover sauce, pomegranate seeds and fresh basil.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!