Lemon Chicken with RosemaryCuisinart Original Recipe
This dish is definitely for the lemon lovers out there.
4 bone-in chicken thighs with skin (about 1 to 1½ pounds), trimmed of excess visible fat
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
1 fresh rosemary sprig
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon lemon zest
4 thin lemon slices, about ½ lemon chopped rosemary for garnish
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Oven Central® to 450ºF with the top heating element off.
2. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and all of the pepper. Dredge the chicken thighs in flour to coat lightly. Heat the olive oil; once hot, add chicken skin side down and brown on both sides, about 4 to 6 minutes per side. Remove and reserve.
3. Reduce heat to 350ºF. Sauté onion and garlic for 4 to 6 minutes until softened. Stir in the rosemary sprig and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add the lemon juice, scraping up any brown bits that remain on the cooking surface with a wooden spoon. Add the chicken broth and lemon zest and bring to a boil.
4. Nestle the browned chicken thighs in the onion mixture. Place lemon slices on top of the chicken. Turn top heating element on and reduce heat to 250ºF. Close the oven and cook until thighs are very tender, about 1 hour.
5. Garnish with rosemary; serve in shallow bowls with rice or mashed potatoes.
* For easier clean-up and searing you may cook in the baking pan. Browning may require additional time.
ServingsMakes 2 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 237 (60% from fat) • carb. 6g • pro. 17g
• fat 16g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 79mg • sod. 440mg
• calc. 20mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!