Scallops with Lemon Herb ButterCuisinart Original Recipe
The butter makes this dish rich and luxurious, but if you’re looking for a lighter meal, substitute extra virgin olive oil for the butter and serve on the side."
1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 large sea scallops, rinsed well and patted dry (should be about ½ pound, depending on the size of the scallops)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature and cut into ½-inch pieces
2 tablespoons parsley
½ teaspoon lemon zest
1 lemon, cut into 8 small wedges
1. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice together with the salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Put the scallops into a large mixing bowl and toss with the lemon juice mixture. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; let marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
2. About 10 minutes before the scallops have completed marinating, preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro to High.
3. Thread two of the provided skewers, alternating with the lemon wedges and marinated scallops, starting with one lemon wedge and then a scallop. You should have 3 scallops and 4 lemon wedges per skewer. Fit skewers into place.
4. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until scallops are fully opaque. Be sure not to overcook the scallops or they will be very tough.
5. While the scallops are cooking, put the butter, parsley and lemon zest into the work bowl of a Cuisinart® Mini Chopper fitted with the chopping blade. Process until thoroughly combined; reserve.
6. To serve, place the scallops on a serving tray and dot with the lemon herb butter. You can also melt the butter and serve as a dipping sauce or drizzle over the tops of the scallops.
ServingsMakes 2 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 345 (73% from fat) • carb. 4g • pro. 19g • fat 28g • sat. fat 12g
• chol. 82mg • sod. 718mg • calc. 35mg • fiber 0g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!