Middle Eastern Spiced Chicken and Vegetable KebabsCuisinart Original Recipe
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 to 2 pinches ground coriander
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
1 to 2 pinches freshly ground black pepper
½ pound skinless, boneless chicken, cut into 1½ to 2-inch pieces
½ medium bell pepper, cut into one-inch pieces
4 ounces winter squash, cut into one-inch pieces
4 small mushrooms (1 to 2 inches in diameter)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Prepare spice rub. Put all spice rub ingredients into a small bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Use immediately or contain in a sealed glass jar. Store in a dry, cool place.
3. Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Put into a large mixing bowl and toss with the vegetables, oil, lime juice and rub. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Ten minutes before chicken has completed marinating, preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro to High. Thread the chicken and vegetables onto three of the provided skewers, starting with and alternating chicken and then vegetable. Fit skewers into place.
5. Let skewers cook for 24 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
ServingsMakes 2 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 288 (48% from fat) • carb. 10g • pro. 28g • fat 16g • sat. fat 2g
• chol. 66mg • sod. 346mg • calc. 54mg • fiber 2g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!