Stuffed Pork Chops with Green Chiles, Apples and SageCuisinart Original Recipe
This sweet and savory stuffing blend is a perfect complement to grilled pork chops."
4 green chile peppers (like Anaheim or poblano), about 10 ounces
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 small green apple, cut into small dice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
¼ cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons thinly sliced sage
¼ cup finely shredded Cheddar
4 boneless pork chops, about 2 pounds, 1½ inches thick
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven on Convection Bake at 425°F with the rack in the upper position. Place the chile peppers on the baking tray and put into oven. Roast for about 30 minutes, turning peppers halfway through cooking time. When evenly browned, place the peppers into a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Once cool, remove and discard skins and seeds and then roughly chop the peppers.
2. Put butter into a medium sauté pan set over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion, apple, garlic, ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper and sauté until softened, at least 10 minutes. Add the chopped chile peppers and stir to combine and blend the ingredients. Cook for an additional 5 minutes and stir in the sugar and white wine and cook until wine is evaporated.
3. Once all the wine is evaporated, remove from the stove and stir in the sage. Allow to cool slightly before stirring in the Cheddar.
4. Before cooking, cut a pocket into the long side of the pork chop that runs just about the full length and width of the chop without cutting through to the other side. Sprinkle the chops inside and out with remaining salt and pepper and then stuff each with about ¼ cup of the filling. Tie together with butcher's twine in two places along the pork chop.
5. Rub each chop with olive oil and place on the baking tray fitted with the broiling rack. Preheat oven on Convection Bake at 425°F with the rack in the upper position. Once oven is preheated, put tray in oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Internal temperature at pork chops should register 140˚F. Let rest 5 minutes in oven before serving.
ServingsMakes 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 310 (38% from fat) • carb. 14g • pro. 32g • fat 13g • sat. fat 5g
• chol. 107mg • sod. 291mg • calc. 68mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!