Cannoli CheesecakeCuisinart Original Recipe
We make many cheesecakes in the Test Kitchen, and one of our favorite methods (which happens to be the easiest and most foolproof) is slow cooked. To offer the palate some new, fun flavors, we made a cheesecake that is nice and creamy with the flavor of cannoli filling."
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature (for pan)
¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup toasted pine nuts, finely ground
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
pinch sea or kosher salt
½ tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
4 ounces (½ package) cream cheese, quartered and room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 large eggs, room temperature
2 large egg whites, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
12 ounces whole-milk ricotta, room temperature
2 ounces bitter or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1. Lightly brush a 7-inch springform pan with the tablespoon of room temperature butter. Reserve.
2. Prepare the crust. Put all of the crust ingredients into a small mixing bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat on low until the mixture comes together. Pat crumb crust evenly into prepared springform pan. Reserve.
3. Prepare the filling. Put the ricotta in a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the beaters or paddle attachment, mix on medium speed until smooth Add the cream cheese, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix on medium speed until very smooth (you cannot over-mix at this stage. Be sure there are no lumps in the batter). Scrape bowl and beaters/paddle with a spatula. Add eggs and whites, one at a time, making sure each is incorporated into the batter before adding the next. Mix in vanilla. Be sure the batter is homogenous, but do not over-mix. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
4. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Put pan into the bottom of the cooking pot of the Multicooker.
5. Select Slow Cook on High for 3 hours.
6. Once the time has elapsed, allow cake to rest in the unit on Keep Warm for an additional 2 hours (you want it to be just set).
7. Remove cheesecake and place on a cooling rack. Once completely cool, wrap well with plastic and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
ServingsMakes one 7-inch cheesecake (about 8 servings)
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 235 (54% from fat) • carb. 19g • pro. 8g
• fat 14g • sat. fat 7g • chol. 91mg • sod. 191mg
• calc. 127mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
3-in-1 Cook Central®