Pears "al Malbec"User Submitted Recipe
6 firm pears
1/2L Malbec wine
3/4 cup water
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 orange peel
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Peel and quarter the pears, removing the seeds.
2. Over medium heat, combine the Malbec, water and sugar, then add in the clove, cinnamon & orange peel.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil and then add the pears, simmering them until they soften.
4. Remove the pears and strain the liquid. Sift in the cornstarch, return the mixture to the stove and reduce, stirring continuously.
5. Cover the pears with the sauce and serve (goes great with cream or ice cream).
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!