Classic Apple PieCuisinart Original Recipe
Everyone needs a fail-proof apple pie recipe – here is our favorite to share with you and your family."
1 recipe pâte brisée dough (see cuisinart.com for recipe)
4 large apples (golden delicious, ginger gold, or pink lady tend to be the tastiest), peeled, cored, and halved
juice of ½ medium lemon
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup granulated sugar
egg wash (1 large egg lightly beaten with a teaspoon of water)
- Preheat oven to 450°F with the rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Roll out dough to 1⁄8-inch thick circle and fit into a 10-inch pie plate. Chill in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, prepare the filling. Insert the slicing disc into the work bowl of the food processor. Stand the apple halves upright in the feed tube and slice. Transfer to a large bowl and toss gently with the lemon juice, spices, salt, vanilla and sugar.
- Using a fork, prick the chilled dough evenly all over but make sure not to go entirely through the dough. Transfer the apple mixture into the pie shell.
- Roll out the remaining dough into a 10-inch disc. Brush the outer rim of the pie shell with the egg wash. Press the dough disc on top of the filled pie, pressing down the sides to seal. Using a paring knife, trim any excess dough and discard (or save for another use). Cut four ½-inch vents in the center of the top of the pie crust (in a circular pattern, similar to a clock’s 12, 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions). Brush the top with the remaining egg wash, and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350°F and continue to bake until golden brown, another 30 to 35 minutes. Let the pie rest on a cooling rack at least 40 minutes before serving.
ServingsMakes one 10-inch pie, 8 to 12 servings
Nutritional information per serving (based on 12 servings): Calories 263 (51% from fat) | carb. 30g | pro. 2g | fat 15g sat. fat 9g | chol. 48mg | sod. 241mg | calc. 5mg | fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Elemental 8 Food Processor
Custom 14™ Food Processor
Pro Classic™ Food Processor
Prep 9™ 9-Cup Food Processor
Prep 11 Plus™ 11-Cup Food Processor
Pro Custom 11™ Food Processor
Cuisinart Elite Collection™ 12-Cup Food Processor
Elite Collection™ 14-Cup Food Processor
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!