Bittersweet Espresso BrowniesCuisinart Original Recipe
A sugary outside and a fudge-like interior make these the richest brownies."
nonstick cooking spray
¾ cup unsalted butter, cubed
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons espresso powder
3 large eggs
1½ cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat the Compact Toaster Oven Broiler set to Bake at 350°F with the rack in position A for 5 minutes. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; line with parchment paper. Reserve.
2. Put the butter and chocolates into a heatproof bowl and place over a pot of simmering water. Once they are almost completely melted, stir in cocoa powder and espresso powder. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat eggs to break up and then gradually add the sugar. Mix until light and thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add vanilla; beat until well combined.
4. Stir the flour and salt into the cooled chocolate mixture; mix until just incorporated. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and stir until the mixture is no longer streaky.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for about 22 to 25 minutes, or until edges are just dry. These are the best after chilling overnight
Nutritional information per brownie:
Calories 249 (54% from fat) • carb. 28g • pro. 3g • fat 16g • sat. fat 9g
• chol. 57mg • sod. 87mg • calc. 12mg • fiber 2g