Coffee Cookie Crunch Ice Cream PieUser Submitted Recipe
-1 package (12 cones) sugar cones
-1/4 cup sugar
-6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
-Refridgerated Sugar Cookie Dough 16.5 oz roll
-2 tbsp instant coffee
-1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
-2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
-2 cups coffee ice cream
-1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
-1/4 cup hazelnuts (chopped)
-1 cup cookie (crushed)
Instructions for Crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place 12 sugar cones in a gallon Ziploc bag. Using a mallet or rolling pin, crush the cones until finely crushed.
3. Lightly spray 9” pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl, combine crushed sugar cones, sugar and butter; mix well. Press into bottom and up sides of pie plate.
4. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely.
Instructions for cookies:
1. Remove dough from packaging into a medium sized bowl. Mix in instant coffee and chocolate chips.
2. Estimate a section from the dough so when baked a thin layer of cookie will cover the bottom of the crust in pie plate.
3. Use the remaining dough to make regular sized cookies
4. Now that oven is already preheated to 350 F, bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely
Instructions for Filling:
1. Line the bottom of crust with cookie.
2. Spread vanilla ice cream evenly over cookie and crust.
3. Melt chocolate. Mix melted chocolate with crushed cookies and crushed hazelnut in a bowl.
4. Spread mixture over vanilla ice cream.
5. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
6. Spread coffee ice cream evenly over cookie layer
7. Decorate top with crushed hazelnut, chocolate and left over cookie as desired. Dust the top with espresso for a rich, final touch.
8. Freeze and enjoy!
Servingsno serving information available
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!