Toffee Caramel PopcornCuisinart Original Recipe
Another variation of caramel corn, this recipe has a buttery toffee flavor.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 tablespoon water
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup popping kernels
1. Put the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, water and salt into a heavy bottomed small saucepan. Set over medium-high heat and bring mixture to a boil.
2. While the caramel mixture is heating, pour the vegetable oil onto the heating plate with the measured popcorn kernels.
3. Place the bowl on the popping plate and switch the slide selector to Pop.
4. Once the unit has been turned on, watch the caramel mixture on the stove closely. Using a candy thermometer, monitor the temperature of the caramel. It should be between 240°F and 260°F, not exceeding 260°F. Once it is boiling, and turning golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes, it should start to thicken slightly. Take it off of the heat and whisk in the baking soda.
5. Once the last kernel has popped, move the slide selector from Pop to Mix. Drizzle the caramel sauce through the flavor dispenser. Allow to mix for about 30 to 45 seconds so it completely coats the popcorn.
6. Place lid on popper and invert. Allow to cool slightly and then serve.
ServingsMakes about 10 to 12 cups
Nutritional information per 1-cup serving:
Calories 81 (41% from fat) • carb. 12g • pro. 1g
• fat 4g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 8mg • sod. 20mg
• calc. 1mg • fiber 1g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!