Chocolate PopcornCuisinart Original Recipe
Mmmmm… what could be better than
chocolate covered popcorn?
¾ cup chocolate chips
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
¼ teaspoon kosher/sea salt
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
1. Put the chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and sea salt into a heavy-bottom saucepan and place over medium low heat until melted. Once melted, whisk together to incorporate ingredients well. Leave over very low heat to keep warm.
2. Pour the vegetable oil onto the heating plate with the measured popcorn kernels.
3. Place the bowl on the popping plate and switch the slide selector to Pop.
4. Once the last kernel has popped, move the slide selector from Pop to Mix. Drizzle the melted chocolate mixture through the flavor dispenser using a spatula to scrape all ingredients out of the pan. Allow to mix for about 30 to 45 seconds so flavors completely coat the popcorn.
5. Place lid on popper and invert. Serve immediately.
ServingsMakes about 10 cups
Nutritional information per 1-cup serving:
Calories 144 (50% from fat) • carb. 17g • pro. 2g
• fat 8g • sat. fat 5g • chol. 6mg • sod. 60mg
• calc. 1mg • fiber 2g