Salted Nut BarsUser Submitted Recipe
A homemade version of a Pay Day candy bar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter , softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 egg yolks
3 cups mini marshmallows
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 (12 ounce) package peanut butter chips
2 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups salted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
3. In a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients, except for marshmallows. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan.
4. Bake 12-15 minutes.
5. Immediately sprinkle marshmallows over the crust and bake an additional 1-2 minutes longer.
6. Allow to cool while preparing the topping.
7. In a large saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter, vanilla and peanut butter chips until smooth, stirring constantly.
8. Remove from heat, stir in cereal and nuts.
9. Immediately spoon over the marshmallow crust and spread to cover.