BUTTER Butter CookiesUser Submitted Recipe
2 sticks butter, softened (NOT margarine)
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp almond extract
1. Beat softened butter with electric mixer until creamy.
2. Gradually add sugar; mix thoroughly.
3. Add egg.
4. Gradually add flour until well-combined. Dough will be stiff.
5. Add almond extract.
6. Chill for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Using cookie press, pipe cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets.
8. Decorate with candied cherries, colored sugar sprinkles, etc.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
10. Remove immediately to cooling racks.
11. Yield: 3-4 dozen cookies, depending on size.