Melissa's Heavenly Bread PuddingUser Submitted Recipe
1- 16oz. loaf of King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
Raisins, Cinnamon, Nutmeg for sprinkling (I use pumpkin pie spice)
3 cups Milk
1 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Butter/ margarine, melted
9 Eggs, Beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1) Break bread into large pieces and place into greased/ buttered 9 x 13 inch pan.
2) Sprinkle raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg over bread pieces.
3) In a large saucepan, combine milk, sugar and butter; heat to boiling point; ensuring that you stir the mixture constantly as the mixture will rise when heated.
4) Remove from heat; add beaten eggs. (Be careful that the milk mixture is not so HOT that it could curdle the eggs.)
5) Add Vanilla Extract; mix and pour over bread, making sure that the bread is soaked thoroughly.
6) Sprinkle more cinnamon and nutmeg over the pudding, if desired.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted in middle of pudding comes out clean.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!