Chocolate Millionaire CakeUser Submitted Recipe
1 German chocolate cake mix
14 oz caramels (1 package-unwrapped)
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped pecans
* Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease & flour a 13"x9" glass baking dish.
* Mix the cake mix according to package directions.
* Pour half the batter in the baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
* While that is baking, melt the caramels, butter, and sweetened condensed milk in the microwave in a microwave safe dish until smooth. This takes about 5 minutes or so - microwave 1 minute at a time and stir after every minute. (Don't overcook or the "caramel layer" of the cake will be too hard)
* Remove the cake from the oven. Score the top.
* Pour the caramel mixture evenly over the cake, sprinkle with the chocolate chips and 1 cup pecans. Pour the other half of the batter over all. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of pecans. Bake 20 minutes.
Servingsno serving information available
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!