Chocolate Millionaire CakeUser Submitted Recipe
1 German chocolate cake mix
14 oz caramels (1 package-unwrapped)
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped pecans
* Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease & flour a 13"x9" glass baking dish.
* Mix the cake mix according to package directions.
* Pour half the batter in the baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
* While that is baking, melt the caramels, butter, and sweetened condensed milk in the microwave in a microwave safe dish until smooth. This takes about 5 minutes or so - microwave 1 minute at a time and stir after every minute. (Don't overcook or the "caramel layer" of the cake will be too hard)
* Remove the cake from the oven. Score the top.
* Pour the caramel mixture evenly over the cake, sprinkle with the chocolate chips and 1 cup pecans. Pour the other half of the batter over all. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of pecans. Bake 20 minutes.