Fruit Shrikhand (Yogurt Custard)User Submitted Recipe
All time favorite Indian dessert
8-10 cups of full fat Yogurt
1 and 1/2 cups of Sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Cardamom Powder
1 pinch of Saffron
1/2 teaspoon of Milk
1 cups of diced apples, diced mango, grapes cut in halves, diced bananas
1. Hang the Yogurt in a cheese cloth for 4-5 hours. Drain all the water away.
2. Add saffron to milk and put it aside for 1-2 hours. This will realize all the saffron flavor.
3. Mix the hanged thick yogurt, sugar, cardamom powder, Saffron-milk mixture in a mixing bowl.
4. Add a cup of fruits in the mixture.
5. Chill it for 2-3 hours and serve cold.