Lemony Easter CookiesUser Submitted Recipe
1 1/2 cups Butter, softened
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Lemon Extract
2 3/4 cups All-purpose Flour, sifted
Icing with a twist: (or Traditional Icing recipe)
2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 Lemon Zest
2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
Any Food colors
1. Beat Butter, Sugar, Salt, and Lemon Extract (using a hand blender or a standing mixture)
2. Start adding the flour (in small proportions)
3. Mix everything well. Cover the dough into a plastic wrap and freeze it for 4-5 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Flour the surface and roll the dough into desired thickness.
6. With egg (oval) and bunny shaped cookie cutters cut the cookies. Chill the cut cookies for 15 more minutes.
7. Then, bake them into the oven for 15-17 minutes.
8. Remove the cooking sheet from oven and put the cookies on cooling rack for 30-40 minutes. Let them cool completely.
9. This step is all fun. Mix icing ingredients and prepare a icing slurry. Pour or drizzle or dip the cookies into the icing slurry. Involve kids and they will have a fun time decorating these cookies.
Note: You can freeze the cookie dough for days in your freezer and bake it whenever you crave for them.