Custard CakeUser Submitted Recipe
Leche Flan or Milk Custard Cake
• 1 can evaporated milk
• 1 can condensed milk
• 12 egg yolks
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the caramel:
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 3/4 cup water
• In a saucepan, mix the sugar and water. Bring to a boil until the sugar caramelize.
• Pour the caramelized sugar into a cake pans. Spread the caramel at the bottom.
• Use Cuisinart Blender to mix evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla.
• Pour the mixture on top of the caramel on the cake pans. Fill to about 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick.
• There’s two ways you can cook:
1. Steam for about 25 to 30 minutes using Cuisinart Steamer. Insert a tooth pick…if it comes out clean, it is cooked.
2. Bake for about 30 to 45 minutes. Before baking, place the cake pan on a larger baking pan half filled with very hot water. Pre-heat oven to about 350 degrees before baking. Insert a tooth pick…if it comes out clean, it is cooked.
• Let cool then refrigerate.
• To serve: run a thin knife around the edges of the pan to loosen. Place a platter bigger than the pan on top of the pan and quickly turn upside down.
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!