Bittersweet Espresso BrowniesCuisinart Original Recipe
Makes 16 brownies
Rich, dense and delicious. The perfect base to a brownie sundae."
½ cup chopped walnuts
nonstick cooking spray
¾ cup unsalted butter, cubed
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons espresso powder
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¾ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
¾ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the toaster oven to 400°F on the Bake setting with the rack in position A. Line the baking pan with aluminum foil. Spread the walnuts on the prepared pan and toast for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned. Cool to room temperature. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
2. Lightly coat a 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; dust with a small amount of flour. Reserve.
3. Put the butter and chocolates into a heatproof bowl and place over a pot of simmering water. Once both are almost completely melted, set aside to cool to room temperature. Reserve.
4. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat eggs until lightened. Add the sugars and mix until light and thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add espresso powder and vanilla; beat until well combined. Add flour and salt; mix until just incorporated. Gently fold in toasted walnuts.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until edges are dry.
ServingsMakes 16 brownies
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 260 (54% from fat) • carb. 28g • pro. 3g • fat 17g
sat. fat 9g • chol. 60mg • sod. 120mg • calc. 30mg • fiber 2g