Football Cookie Truffles!User Submitted Recipe
(can be made gluten free)
See full recipe at: www.simpleginger.com
6 oz prepared cookies
3 oz room temp cream cheese
4 oz semi sweet chocolate
icing for decorating
1. In a food processor (I used the food processor attachment to my Cuisinart 5 Qt. Mixer) process cookies to very fine crumbs.
2. Pour into bowl and add the cream cheese.
3. Using the back of a sturdy spoon, cream cream cheese into the cookie crumbs.
4. Once completely mixed form into footballs by rolling a tablespoon of mixture into a ball with your hands, then pinching the ends out to make the oblong football shape.
8. Place formed balls on wax paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
9. While balls are chilling, melt chocolate in a double boiler, or with the microwave. If using the microwave start with a minute, stir well,and continue with 15 second intervals until chocolate is just completely melted.
10. Drop footballs, one at a time, into the chocolate, turn to coat, and remove with a fork to allow any excess to drain off.
11. Place back on the waxed paper and let chocolate set for about 15 minutes.
12. Finish by adding the end lines and seams to the balls with either pipped royal icing or purchased cookie icing that comes in the easy squeeze bottles.
13. Store in the refrigerator and serve cold or room temperature!
ServingsMakes 12 small football truffles
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!