Chocolate WowsUser Submitted Recipe
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 squares (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 large eggs ¾ cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups pecans (8 ounces0 chopped
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease two large cookie sheets. In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
2. In heavy 2 quart saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat and cool.
3. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat eggs and sugar until light and lemon colored, about 2 minutes, frequently scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to low. Add cooled chocolate mixture, flour mixture; beat 2 minutes. With wooden spoon, stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
4. Drop batter by rounded teaspoons, about 2 inches apart, on prepared cookie sheets. With small metal spatula, spread batter into 2 inch rounds.
5. Bake until tops are shiny and cracked, about 13 minutes, rotating cookies sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheets. With wide metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
104 calories, 1g protein, 9g carbs, 8 g total fat, 3 g sat fat, 1 g fiber, 12mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!