Pecan Glazed Pumpkin PieUser Submitted Recipe
1 (16 oz) can solid pack pumpkin
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 t. ginger
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1 (13 oz.) can evaporated milk
1 t. vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
1 store-bought deep dish pie crust prebaked at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes then completely cooled.
2 c. chopped pecans
2 T. melted butter
1. In a large bowl or stand mixer combine first 9 ingredients plus 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Mix until creamy and smooth.
2. In a small bowl, prepare pie topping by combining remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, melted butter and pecans. Set aside.
3. Pour pie batter into prebaked and cooled piecrust and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
4. Remove from oven and crumble topping over partially baked pie.
5. Return to oven for an additional 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.