Pumpkin Spice cake…Jack-O-LanternUser Submitted Recipe
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups white sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
For icing, use varying shades of orange. For “face” use black icing or tube icing.
For stem, use marzipan or a plastic removable one.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease one 10 inch bundt or tube pan.
3. Cream oil, beaten eggs, pumpkin and vanilla together (if you have a mixer, use the flat beater).
4. Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, ground nutmeg, ground allspice, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and salt together. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined (if you have a mixer, switch to the dough hook at this point).
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a plate, ice, decorate, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. For the middle of the bundt, you can place some wax paper and the ice the remaining hole for stem placement. Saves a bit of icing ;)