Ms. Katherine MintzUser Submitted Recipe
Momma Mintz' Simple Carrot Cake
Preheat Oven at 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8-9" cake pans.
1) 2 cups of regular sugar
2) 1.5 cups of vegetable oil
3) 4 eggs
4) 2 tsp baking soda
5) 2 tsp cinnamon
6) ½ tsp nutmeg
7) ½ tsp ginger
8) 1 tsp salt
9) 2 cups flour (1 c. white, 1 c. whole wheat)
10) 1 cup sweetened coconut (even better if it's toasted)
11) 3 cups grated carrot
12) 1 cup chopped walnuts
1) Combine the first 8 ingredients in your large Cuisinart mixing bowl. Using the beater attachment, mix until nice and smooth (about 3 minutes).
2) Add the last 4 items and mix on low until the ingredients are incorporated (don't overmix).
3) Pour batter evenly into two cake pans and bake 45 – 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese – room temp
½ c. butter – room temp
½ c. solid shortening – room temp
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups confectionery sugary +/-
Combine cream cheese, butter and shortening and mix until nice and smooth. Add vanilla, mix well. Gradually add powdered sugar till smooth. If too stiff, add little milk or cream - if too loose add more sugar.
Frost the cake after it has completely cooled – enjoy. ZERO calories after you cut into it ---- they magically fly into the air so enjoy.
except for the carrots, it's not too nutritional! But it's worth the splurge
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!