Ms. Katherine MintzUser Submitted Recipe
Momma Mintz' Simple Carrot Cake
Preheat Oven at 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8-9" cake pans.
1) 2 cups of regular sugar
2) 1.5 cups of vegetable oil
3) 4 eggs
4) 2 tsp baking soda
5) 2 tsp cinnamon
6) ½ tsp nutmeg
7) ½ tsp ginger
8) 1 tsp salt
9) 2 cups flour (1 c. white, 1 c. whole wheat)
10) 1 cup sweetened coconut (even better if it's toasted)
11) 3 cups grated carrot
12) 1 cup chopped walnuts
1) Combine the first 8 ingredients in your large Cuisinart mixing bowl. Using the beater attachment, mix until nice and smooth (about 3 minutes).
2) Add the last 4 items and mix on low until the ingredients are incorporated (don't overmix).
3) Pour batter evenly into two cake pans and bake 45 – 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese – room temp
½ c. butter – room temp
½ c. solid shortening – room temp
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups confectionery sugary +/-
Combine cream cheese, butter and shortening and mix until nice and smooth. Add vanilla, mix well. Gradually add powdered sugar till smooth. If too stiff, add little milk or cream - if too loose add more sugar.
Frost the cake after it has completely cooled – enjoy. ZERO calories after you cut into it ---- they magically fly into the air so enjoy.
except for the carrots, it's not too nutritional! But it's worth the splurge