Tirimisu cakeUser Submitted Recipe
1 ¼ cups flour
7 oz sugar
3 ½ oz melted butter
1 lb mascarpone cheese
1 ¼ cup whipping cream
8 oz. brewed Coffee
1/3 cup Kahlua
4 egg yolks
¾ cup sugar
1 lb chocolate cream filled cigar shaped cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Brush 2, 9 in. cake pans with melted butter.
3. Beat Eggs and sugar in a heat proof bowl over simmering water.
4. Beat until ribbons don’t sink immediately (approx. 8 min).
5. Remove from heat and beat another 3 min until bowl cools down.
6. Add slightly cooled melted butter and flour.
7. Mix lightly (so mixture retains its air texture) until combined. * ( see note)
8. Pour into 2, 9 in cake pans and bake for 25 min.
1. In a small sauce pan combine coffee & 3 ½ oz. sugar. Heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and add Kahlua. Set aside. ** ( see note)
2. In a heat proof bowl, beat eggs and remaining sugar over a pan of simmering water. Beat for 3 minutes( until a light cream color)
3. Remove from pan and continue to beat until slightly cool (another 3 min). Then beat in Mascarpone and then the whipping cream until slightly thickened. About the consistency of whipped cream.
Assembling the cake
1. Cut each cake in half. Lightly brush the inside of each layer with the coffee syrup.
2. In between each layer fill the cake with some of the cheese mixture.
3. When all the layers are filled, frost the outside and top of cake.
4. Cut cigar cookies just a little taller then the cake
5. Line the outside of the cake with the cigar cookies.
6. Dust with cocoa powder.
* Do not use an electric mixer, mix by hand