Blackberry CobblerUser Submitted Recipe
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen blackberries, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Coat a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, the butter, flour, milk, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the blackberries and remaining 1/2 cup sugar; mix well and spoon over the batter.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until bubbly and golden.
Note: Serve topped with whipped cream or over scoops of ice cream. During blackberry season, substitute 3 1/2 cups fresh blackberries for the frozen, or use any of your favorite fresh or frozen berries.
Servingsno serving information available
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!