Blackberry CobblerUser Submitted Recipe
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen blackberries, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Coat a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, the butter, flour, milk, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the blackberries and remaining 1/2 cup sugar; mix well and spoon over the batter.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until bubbly and golden.
Note: Serve topped with whipped cream or over scoops of ice cream. During blackberry season, substitute 3 1/2 cups fresh blackberries for the frozen, or use any of your favorite fresh or frozen berries.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!