Chocolate Bread Pudding with WalnutsCuisinart Original Recipe
Rich and chocolatey, this dessert is even more decadent
1 loaf (1 pound) challah bread, cubed
3 cups heavy cream
4 large eggs, beaten
2 large egg yolks, beaten
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon table salt
¹∕³ cup granulated sugar
1 cup whole milk
1¼ cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Place the bread cubes in a large bowl. Reserve.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cream, eggs, yolks, vanilla, salt and sugar. Whisk until frothy. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture. Press down on the bread to make certain all of it is submerged. Cover directly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Take out 1 hour before baking and let stand at room temperature.
3. Lightly and evenly coat the Cuisinart® GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet with cooking spray. Preheat the Skillet to 250°F.
4. Add the milk, chocolate and walnuts to the bread mixture. Stir to fully combine.
5. Add the bread mixture to the preheated pan. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 30 minutes, move the Skillet lid so it is only partially covering the pan; cook for 15 minutes, again stirring occasionally.
6. Reduce to warm and uncover completely. Cook for a final 10 minutes.
7. Serve immediately.
Servingsno serving information available
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 561 (63% from fat) • carb. 43g • pro. 10g • fat 40g • sat. fat 20g • chol. 209mg • sod. 341mg • calc. 121mg • fiber 2g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!