Chocolate Pecan PieUser Submitted Recipe
Pie can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in refrigerator, but let warm to room temperature or warm in 275o oven for 15 min. before serving."
6 oz. Bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (best quality you can find)
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
1 Tbs. unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla or 1 Tbs. Dark rum
1/2 tsp. Salt
1. Chop bittersweet or semisweet chocolate in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water or melt in microwave at 50%
2. In high fluted pan bake a plain pastry crust, glazing with egg yolk, following preparation directions (deep dish pie crust recommended)
Set oven to 375o:
3. Bake coarsely chopped pecans 6-10 minutes until fragrant
4. Whisk until blended: eggs, sugar, corn syrup, unsalted butter, salt and vanilla or dark rum
5. Stir in toasted nuts.
6. Warm crust in oven until it is warm to the touch, then pour in filling.
7. Bake until the edges are slightly puffed and the center seems set but still soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
8. Let cool on a rack for at least 1 ½ hours.
9. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.