Blueberry BuckleUser Submitted Recipe
just like mama used to make
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
2 cups flour
½ teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon pure almond extract
½ cup milk
2 cups blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9" non-reactive baking pan, glass or ceramic works well.
2. To prepare crumb topping, in medium bowl combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and beat with Cuisinart Stand Mixer on medium speed until smooth and blended together, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low and add flour, mixing just until mixture forms crumbs and all of the flour is incorporated, about 15 seconds. Set aside.
3. To prepare cake, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract and beat 2 minutes. On low speed, add half of the flour mixture, mixing to incorporate it. Add milk, mixing until just blended. Mixture may look slightly curdled. Add remaining flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated and batter is smooth. With spoon, stir blueberries into batter. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle reserved crumb topping evenly over batter.
5. Bake about 50 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Reverse pan in oven after 30 minutes of baking. Cool cake thoroughly in pan on rack at room temperature about 2 hours. Cut into squares and serve at room temperature.
Cake can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.