Heavenly Chocolate CakeUser Submitted Recipe
9 oz. bittersweet chocolate
2 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup plus 1 Tbs.sugar
4 x-large eggs, room temperature
1/c cup plus 1 Tbs. flour,
pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter 9-inch round cake pan with at least 2 inch-high sides. Line with parchment, butter paper, set aside.
2. Melt chocolate, cool.
3. Put butter and sugar in bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment and beat for 5 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time and beat for at least 30 sec. after each addition. Add pinch of salt and vanilla.
5. Pour in cooled chocolate with mixer on low speed.
6. Remove mixing bowl and fold in the flour until just incorporated.
7. Pour batter into pan. Smooth top.
8. Bake 30 min. or until knife inserted in center comes out slightly wet with batter. Don't over-bake.
9. Cool completely on rack before releasing. Remove parchment. Place right side up on platter.
Best at room temperature, but delightful refrigerated, too.