Butterscotch Coffee CakeUser Submitted Recipe
use chocolate chips instead of butterscotch chips; omit the brown sugar-pecan-cinnamon filling.
2 cups sifted flour
1 ½ cups sugar
8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2 eggs, beaten
8 ounces sour cream
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
18 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
3/4 cup brown sugar
½ cup finely chopped pecans
½ teaspoon cinnamon
shortening for greasing pan
VARIATION: substitute 3/4 cup chocolate chips instead of butterscotch chips;
1. butter and flour a bundt ppan
2. Preheat oven to 350o.
3. In a large bowl, combine all batter ingredients, except butterscotch chips and beat until smooth. Fold in chips.
4. In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
5. Spoon 2/3 of the batter into a well-greased tube pan. Evenly distribute the remaining batter on top. Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan. If a few pieces stick to the bottom of you baking pan (this is a very dense, moist cake, that doesn’t come easily out of the pan,) just stick them on top of the cake; the confectioners’ sugar will camouflage the problem.
7. Using a flour sifter or sieve, dust cake with confectioners’ sugar.
VARIATION: use chocolate chips instead of butterscotch chips; omit the brown sugar-pecan-cinnamon filling.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!