Green Tea MarshmallowsUser Submitted Recipe
3/4 C Powdered Sugar
3/4 C Corn Starch
1/4 tsp Matcha Tea
1/6 C Water, hot
1/3 C Granulated Sugar
1 fl oz Light Corn Syrup
Pinch Kosher Salt
5 Tbsp Water, cold
1 packet Unflavored Gelatin
1 large Egg White
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Sifter or Fine Mesh Sieve
Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet
Measuring Cup, liquid measure
Measuring Cup, dry measure
Metal Mixing Bowls
1- to 2-quart Saucepan
Stand Mixer with Whisk Attachment
1 1/2" diameter Cookie Cutter or Biscuit Cutter (using a knife for squares)
1. Sift together cornstarch and powdered sugar. Liberally sprinkle a sheet pan with cornstarch and powdered sugar mixture and set aside.
2. Combine matcha tea and hot water in a saucepan. Stir with wooden spoon to dissolve tea as completely as possible.
3. Stir in sugar, corn syrup, and salt until sugar is completely dissolved. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
4. Pour cold water into a metal mixing bowl. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over it. Set aside for 10 minutes. Pour hot syrup into gelatin and stir with spoon to dissolve.
5. In a clean mixer bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Pour syrup into whites in a thin, steady stream while mixer is running on low speed.
6. When all syrup is incorporated, turn mixer speed to high and beat until very thick, about 12 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed if marshmallows ride up while mixing.
7. Add vanilla extract and mix just to incorporate.
8. Pour marshmallow and spread evenly onto powdered sugar/corn starch covered sheet pan.
9. Dust top with cornstarch and powdered sugar mixture. Let sit uncovered at least 3 hours to dry.
10. Cut out 1 1/2” diameter marshmallows using a cookie cutter or small biscuit cutter. (Use a knife if you want square pieces.) Roll sides in dusting and shake off excess.
11. Store in airtight covered container in dry place.