Rich Chocolate MousseUser Submitted Recipe
6 oz. semisweet chocolate pieces
5 T butter
2 T Cointreau/Triple Sec
Optional garnishes: a few fresh raspberries, candied violets, shaved chocolate etc.
Make the day before or early morning you'll be serving.
* Separate the eggs. For best results, let whites warm to room temp, but it's not critical.
* In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter, stirring.
*Remove from over the hot water, let cool slightly and stir in eggs, one at a time. Add Cointreau. Let cool to close to room temp.
* Beat the egg whites until stiff.
* Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate until there are no white streaks.
* Pour into serving dishes. I use clear parfait style; this makes four.
* When ready to serve, whip cream with a touch of sugar (and pipe or dollop onto top of mousse. Top with garnish: berries/violets/shaved chocolate.